Listed below are the step by step instructions for removing Samsung ice maker assembly part number DA97-15217A.
1. When pressing the Energy-Saver and the Fridge buttons on the Display together for 8 seconds at the same time, it will convert to the Test Mode and the entire Display function will be off.
2. When pressing any button within 15 seconds after it is shifted to the Test Mode, its function will change in the following order. Manual operation1(FF) Manual operation2(0F-r) –> manual defrost of fresh food compartments(rd) –> manual defrost of fresh and freezer compartments(fd) –> cancel(Display all off). Set unit to Fd for 5 minutes. This will allow for easy removal of the ice maker.
3. While pressing the tab on the top right side, lift up the Ice Bucket and pull it out.
4. Remove the screw from the Wire Housing Cover.
5. Remove the Wire Housing Cover.
6. Disconnect the Ice Maker Housing Connector.
7. Remove the screw from the Duct Tray-ice.
8. With a flat blade screwdriver, push the duct to the right and remove it from the locking tab.
9. With a flat blade screwdriver, pry down on the refrigerant tube to separate it from the bottom of the ice maker.
10. Push down the refrigerant pipe slightly and separate the refrigerant pipe and the Ice Maker Assembly completely.
11. While pressing the Hook, pull out the Ice Maker.
12. While pushing down the Duct-Tray-Ice, pull out the Ice Maker carefully and remove it. *When removing the Ice Maker, be careful not to damage the grommets on the tray or the refrigerant tube (refer to the dotted circles in the picture below).
If you find that you have a bad ice maker, you can purchase one from our online store by clicking the link below.
Ice Maker – Part Number DA97-15217A (PD00027210)
This is maker is found on these model refrigerators:
RF25HMEDBBC, RF25HMEDBSR, RF25HMEDBWW, RF263BEAEBC, RF263BEAESP, RF263BEAESR, RF263BEAEWW, RF263TEAEBC, RF263TEAESP, RF263TEAESR, RF263TEAEWW, RF28HDEDBSR, RF28HDEDTSR, RF28HFEDBBC, RF28HFEDBSR, RF28HFEDBWW, RF28HFEDTBC, RF28HFEDTSR, RF28HFEDTWW, RF28HMEDBBC, RF28HMEDBSR, RF28HMEDBWW, RF28HMELBSR, RF30HBEDBSR, RF30HDEDTSR, RF31FMEDBBC, RF31FMEDBSR, RF31FMEDBWW, RF31FMESBSR, RF323TEDBBC, RF323TEDBSR, RF323TEDBWW, RF32FMQDBSR, RF32FMQDBXW, RF34H9950S4, RF34H9960S4
If you have any questions, comments, or tips that will help others please post them in the comments section below.