GE part number WE04X23220 & WE04X25559 main control board MUST be programmed after installation for the part to work with the dryer. The main control board is two electronic boards connected together by a wire spline and mounted in a plastic housing. The front board is the User Interface (UI) board and the rear board is the Machine Control board. When the main control board is replaced, the new board MUST be programmed with a model ID code. The model ID consists of the “User Interface Mode Type” and the “Heater Type”. The User Interface Mode Type is a number currently between 0 and 3. The Heater Type will be either an “E” for electric or a “g” for gas. Follow the instructions below to program the board. When the main control board has been replaced, it may sometimes power up with all of the LED’s blinking. If this is the case, follow only steps 5 through 10 below. Otherwise, follow all of the steps from the beginning.
Main Control Board Model ID Programming
1. Begin with the dryer in Idle Mode (all LED’s on display off).
2. Press the following key sequence to enter Service Mode: My Cycle –> Delay Dry –> My Cycle –> Delay Dry.
NOTE: The sequence must be done in order. If there are any other button presses or buttons are pressed out of order, the sequence must be started from the beginning.
3. Upon entering Service Mode, the control will be in t1.
4. Press the Start/Pause button when “t1” is displayed.
5. Simultaneously press and hold both the Temp & Level buttons for three seconds to prepare the control for selecting the model.
6. Press the Level button to increase or press the Temp button to decrease the Model Code number selection until the correct number is displayed, per the table on the right.
User Interface Mode Type Table
(See part instructions if model is not listed in table.)
|Model Number||User Interface Mode Type|
7. Press the Start/Pause button to temporarily save the UI Model Code.
8. Next, the Heater Type selection is displayed as “g” or Gas or “E” for Electric. Press the Temp or Level to alternate the 7-segment display between the two Heater Type selections.
9. Press and hold the Start/Pause button for three seconds to set the Heater Type. The board will then return to an idle state and will exit Service Mode. It could take up to 10 seconds for the dryer to respond after exiting Service Mode.
10. The dryer is now ready for use.
If you need to purchase a new control board you can purchase this part from our website using the link below. Please make sure to check on our website to make sure the part is compatible with the model number from the dryer before ordering.