Water Inlet Valve
Jeffrey from TX
Fridge water dispenser not working.
Pliers, screw driver, Phillips.
Repair & Advice
Bosch fridges use a dual water valve: 1 valve feeds the ice maker line and the other valve feeds the water dispenser. If either side fails, both valves (single part) must be replaced. It's an easy fix at the bottom of the back fridge.
1. Pull fridge out from its location and unplug
2. Turn off water to water line of fridge on back wall
3. Remove lower back fridge panel. About 4 or 5 screws
4. Remove screw holding water valve
5. Remove each water line (ice and dispenser) from valve. They use little horse shoe clips. Pull the clips off each water line and you can easily remove the water lines from the old part.
6. Disconnect the electrical cord from the old part. It's the usual clip on type of connector.
7. Reconnect the new part in the same order
8. Turn water supply back on slowly checking for any leaks
9. Plug fridge back into the wall
10. Test water dispenser by holding down the button for 1 to 2 minutes until water begins to flow back through. It make take a few minutes.
11. Check to see that water is filling the ice maker again.
Story submitted on July 7, 2020