Whirlpool Duet Washer F30 Error Code
Whirlpool Duet front loading washers use a motor on top of the dispenser assembly to switch the water in the dispenser between washing out the soap, bleach, and fabric softener compartments of the dispenser. When the washer first starts, it tests to see if the dispenser is working correctly. If it senses a problem, it won’t start the wash cycle and it will eventually come up with an F30 error code. The F-30 error code means that there is a “dispenser system error”.
There are a few things that can cause the F30 error code to occur. Here is what you will need to check:
- First unplug the washer and remove the 3 mounting screws securing the top panel on the back side of the washer. Slide the top panel backwards to remove.
- Check the linkage going from the dispenser motor to the dispenser. Make sure that the are no obstructions.
- Check the wiring and electrical connections going from the dispenser motor and the main control board (CCU).
- If the dispenser motor is turning but making clicking noises or continually turns, then the dispenser motor has probably failed and will need to be replaced.
- If everything else checks out okay, then the central control unit (CCU) will need to be replaced.
Here is how to replace the W10352973 dispenser/detergent motor:
- First unplug the washer before working on it
- Now remove the top panel by removing the three T-20 torx screws and sliding the top panel towards the back of the washer to release it
- Next remove the wire connectors to the dispenser motor. Lift the locking tabs and pull them out to remove. (Note: when re-installing, the connector with the blue stripe on it goes on the top)
- Remove the cam actuator from the motor shaft by gently prying up on it to unsnap it from the motor shaft.
- Remove the mounting screw(s)
- Re-install in the reverse order
If you have a bad detergent dispenser motor and need to order a new one for your washer, please click the link below. Please note the part number listed below is the common dispenser motor found on Whirlpool Duet models, the smaller Duet Sport models commonly use part number W10143586. Please search by your model number or contact us with your model number so we can verify you are ordering the correct part number.